Wednesday

Pitt Big Brush Pens in the Greenhouse

Click image for a larger, clearer view.
Pitt Big Brush Pens
Stillman & Birn Epsilon 5.5x8.5" hardbound sketchbook

It's time for sketching on some white paper! The greenhouse was filled with all sorts of statues, flowers and plants. There is a big turnover, so every time we go, the displays are different. I loved the shapes in this statue, and it was beautifully set off by the colorful flowers surrounding it. I've been making color charts on a lot of my sketches with the pens. It helps me identify the colors until I get to know them a bit better. I tested out four greens here, but decided to only use two of them. I felt the Light Green and May Green would be too bright for my subject, and the bright red was already ample distraction!

Webcast alert! Remember that tonight (Wednesday 2/15) I'll be a call-in guest for the Goulet Pen Company's webcast, Write Time at Nine. I'll put up a link here before the broadcast. The Goulets will probably get the link up before I do, so if it's not here, try their blog: http://inknouveau.com . Hope to see you there! I'll be revealing the preliminary results of the lightfastness testing that I'm doing with the Noodler's Eternal Inks, and fielding any ink-related questions pertaining to sketching and artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment