Wednesday

Found Objects

 You can click the image above for a larger, clearer view.

When I go out hiking or walking the dog, I'm often on the lookout for things to bring home to sketch. Sometimes it's a few bits of pottery, or an interesting rock, or leaves and flowers. This time I found an old rusted beer can (which my husband estimates to be about 50 years old!), an old rusted piece of a stove (I think!), and a broken piece of glass with interesting, rounded shapes. I sketched them with different values of warm and cool Pitt Brush Pens, then used some watercolor over the top.

You may notice a difference in the border style here. I've been experimenting with more decorative border and letter styles in another sketchbook, then trying some of them out here in my art journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment