Thursday

Little Girl in the Greenhouse

Click image for a larger, clearer view
Pitt Big Brush Pens
Stillman & Birn Epsilon 5.5x8.5" hardbound sketchbook

This was my last quick sketch of the day at Adams Fairacre Farm. There were so many great statues in the greenhouse that I wished I could have stayed longer, but we all lost two hours of sketching time having an extremely enjoyable lunch in their dining area, while discussing possible future plots of Downton Abbey and admiring each others' sketchbooks! It was time well spent relaxing with fellow friends and artists.

I have to say, I really enjoyed working on the white paper these past couple of sketches! I only have one colored page spread remaining in this book, and several black ones, so I went to the few white pages remaining. It's time for me to start thinking about what journal will come next. I sure would like to work bigger if my back will stand up to me holding a larger book while sketching out in the field.

1 comment:

  1. I am liking these garden statues. It must be a big nursery to have so much to sketch. Most of the ones I know here aren't big enough to have much of a variety indoors to sketch at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete