"Hudson Valley Painter" artist Jamie Williams Grossman shares sketchbooks, product reviews, artist tips and materials, lightfastness tests, group projects and challenges. See Hudson Valley Painter for her available paintings.
Sunday
Sea Turtle tank at the Maritime Aquarium
This was my last sketch of the day. I was all out of black background pages, so I went to this page. The surface was prepared with sprayed blue and gold iridescent diluted acrylic paint with a slight pattern, created by putting a stencil over the page before spraying it. The painting was done with watercolor and gouache, and the writing with a Sakura Gelly Roll pen. The iridescent surface is beautifully shimmery in a subtle way, but I don't know if you can see that in the photo. The turtles stayed more to the background this trip. Last time they were nearly in my face the whole time I was sketching their tank!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

These are great! I really like the one below...that sea raven looks ominous!!! Be careful!
ReplyDelete