"Hudson Valley Painter" artist Jamie Williams Grossman shares sketchbooks, product reviews, artist tips and materials, lightfastness tests, group projects and challenges. See Hudson Valley Painter for her available paintings.
Sunday
Figure Drawing
Today I went to open studio figure drawing for the first time in over a year! Every year, I attend regularly during the winter months when it's freezing cold out and I don't enjoy plein air painting. There's nothing like drawing from a model to sharpen drawing skills. But this past winter there just didn't seem to be a session around that fit conveniently with my schedule. The one I went to this morning was in Hudson, at the Opera House. I don't think I'll be able to do this on a regular basis there, but it sure was fun to be back in the figure studio again. Poses ranged from 1 to 25 minutes. This one was a 15 minute pose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment