Wednesday

Constitution Marsh, West Point, and the Hudson River from Boscobel


7x10", Gouache
Sketch for The Sketchbook Project 2012, Brooklyn Art Library and World Tour

No sketchbook of the Hudson Valley would be complete without including the amazing overview from Boscobel Restoration in Garrison, New York. The vista showcases the Hudson River as it winds through the mountains of the Hudson Highlands, with Constitution Marsh in the foreground, and the massive buildings of West Point Military Academy along the opposite shore. A nice tugboat and barge even came by just as I was finishing up, so I was able to include some river traffic in the sketch.

Like last time, I got so involved in composing the scene and painting that I forgot to orient the sketchbook before I started. I ended up with another upside down sketch! I think my viewers will be dizzy by the time they arrive at the back cover of my sketchbook!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, I've done that -- frustrating. But the piece is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete