Monday

Breakfast Sketch with Color


I decided to take the plunge and go ahead and add watercolor over my ink and wash sketch from this morning. Am I ever glad I did! I think the color component takes it to a whole new level, without losing any of the impact of the original ink and wash, which remains visible through the transparent watercolor. Now I'm more excited than ever about pursuing this further, and taking it into the plein air realm as well. I think it might translate well to acrylic also, which could mean big canvases with lots of contrast and subtle coloration on the way later in the season as this develops.


If you'd like to see the initial ink and wash that this started with, or read a transcription of the full text, just scroll down to my post from this morning. If you're viewing this off my blog, you can click here instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment