Tuesday

Reviews of La Reine Mauve ink and Journaling Templates


I got some great new art supplies to add to my journaling arsenal last week! I found this set of journaling templates by Karen Foster Designs that are going to enable me to finally write straight! They come held together by a key chain and offer a couple of different line width options. The widest is about 4", and I do wish there was a 5" and a 6" also, but I can just slide the template over to extend the lines.

In addition to Noodler's Kung Te-Cheng ink, which I reviewed yesterday, I also got their La Reine Mauve, Zhivago, and a couple of sample bottles of the new Blue Nose Bear. The brush pen and fountain pen shown above came with the Kung Te-Cheng ink --- a little bonus for having to purchase such a large bottle of it. I'm glad I love that one so much, because I don't think I'm ever going to run out of it!

The purple writing and drawing on this page was done with La Reine Mauve. How much do I love this ink? Let me count the ways! I purchased this to be a more vibrant purple version of the Kung Te-Cheng, and it does not disappoint! The ink has nice flow properties, and vibrant as it is, once down, it stays put. This is in the Noodler's line of bulletproof, eternal inks, so I don't have to worry about water spills or using watercolors over a drawing. And what a great color! La Reine Mauve only comes in a 1 oz bottle, so it's a bit on the pricey side, but worth every penny for its high performance and beauty.

More ink reviews coming soon! If you'd like these posts delivered to your email, you can just enter your email address in the box on the right sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment