Friday

Square Sketches



I haven’t been able to let go of my Fabriano Venezia book yet! There are a number of photos I’m considering working into square format paintings. I decided to test drive some of those compositional ideas as watercolor sketches today.
Here is a photo with my setup. I used a little squirrel mop travel brush for the wash stages on all four sketches, and then dried the pages with a hair dryer. Then I went back with Escoda sables to finish them.
Below is a clickable photo that will show a larger, clearer image when you click on it:
110211-Square-Sketches-800
Soon I’ll have to make the difficult choice of which one to do first as an oil or acrylic painting on a panel. Anybody have a favorite?

3 comments:

  1. I love the shadows on the first one so I pick that one as your fist oil or acrylic painting. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bottom of left page. Nice perspective - nice contrasts! Go!!!!

    ReplyDelete