This was done out in my yard, using a 6B pencil in my Fabriano Venezia book. This old Maple has so much character from every angle. I did another drawing of it on Stonehenge, using a light and a dark on a colored ground. You can see that on this post on my Hudson Valley Painter website. Yesterday, I did yet another sketch of it from a different angle in watercolor. I'll be posting that one tomorrow on http://hudsonvalleypainter.com.
"Hudson Valley Painter" artist Jamie Williams Grossman shares sketchbooks, product reviews, artist tips and materials, lightfastness tests, group projects and challenges. See Hudson Valley Painter for her available paintings.
Saturday
Study of an Old Maple Tree Trunk
This was done out in my yard, using a 6B pencil in my Fabriano Venezia book. This old Maple has so much character from every angle. I did another drawing of it on Stonehenge, using a light and a dark on a colored ground. You can see that on this post on my Hudson Valley Painter website. Yesterday, I did yet another sketch of it from a different angle in watercolor. I'll be posting that one tomorrow on http://hudsonvalleypainter.com.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Looks like the kind of tree one could paint every day. I like how you've handled it
ReplyDelete