Tuesday

Giraffes from the Bronx Zoo


Watercolor and ink across a two-page spread in a Stillman & Birn Delta sketchbook. These were sketched at the Bronx Zoo, with the page borders prepared in advance using acrylic inks.

Giraffes are so graceful and fun to sketch. The Bronx Zoo has a nice habitat for them with a shady spot to sit and enjoy their company. While we were sketching them, a peacock came along from the habitat next to them, and they all started following the peacock in a long line, as if playing Follow the Leader.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah!!! You got to the Bronx Zoo!!! These sketches of the animals are wonderful! I love how you precolored the pages. I may try that on a few of the pages in my Sketchbook Project book. I'll have to make sure my sister, Michelle, sees these. She will love them.

    ReplyDelete