Monday

Kaaterskill High Peak from Across the Beaver Pond


This is my second-to-last sketch in my sketchbook for the Sketchbook Project 2012. It's a view from across the beaver pond behind my house, with Kaaterskill High Peak in the background, and the fall foliage reflecting in the water. There is a high bank there, shaped like a peninsula, with a beautiful grove of pine trees. Walking on the several inches of pine needles that have been accumulating for who knows how many hundreds of years, and smelling the pine smell, is really a magical experience.  This was painted on location with gouache. It is 7x10" across the two page spread in the sketchbook. I didn't date stamp or write on this entry yet, but I'll do so before sending in the book. All sketchbooks for this project will go on a world tour, and then be housed permanently in the Brooklyn Art Library in New York City.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I love the sky, fall colors, and classic skyline....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color in this one is just awesome!!!!!! Wow! Love that you made chicken soup and sketched the process. What we won't do for a sketch. lol

    ReplyDelete